Typical aftermarket exhaust manifold bolts are much shorter than stock which after numerous heat cycles can cause them to fatigue and start to stretch, leading to exhaust leaks and possible breakage after repeated re-torques. The finish and coating on most of these bolts can also lead to premature corrosion and zinc embrittlement. Replace damaged or corroded exhaust manifold bolts with BD's class 10.9 bolts and spacers which improve thermal durability to stand up to the heat and non-Zinc plated fasteners prevent zinc embrittlement.
- Exhaust spacers ensure fastener operates in elastic stretch without fracture or permanent yield
- Class 10.9 Hardware
- Non-Zinc-plated fasteners prevent zinc embrittlement
- Qty 16 exhaust spacers (18mm)
- Qty 16 flange head exhaust bolts (M8x1.25 – 40mm 10.9)
- 6.4L applications using the BD Manifold Set have spacers included in the BD kit
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.