2001 - Early 04 GM Truck 4WD (w/ LB7 Engine) Stage 2 Auto Trans Package.
- ATS Built Allison LCT1000 Auto Trans
- ATS TripleLok Torque Converter
- ATS Extra Deep Transmission Pan
LCT1000 5-Speed Stage 2 Package, 2001 - Early 04 GM 4wd
The Allison 1000 has proven itself to be a stout unit behind the formidable Duramax powerplant. However, as power is increased over stock, weak points quickly rise to the surface. ATS addresses the inherent short-comings to offer a robust setup for your Allison 1000.
The ATS Stage 2 Allison features:
- ATS TripleLok torque converter, featuring five lock-up clutches, a billet 12 bolt cover, mixed flow stator and custom stall speeds
- ATS Co-Pilot Transmission Controller
- ATS C1-C5 custom CNC'd steels and proprietary clutch pack material
- Modified transmission pump to increase line pressure
- Modified A andB Trim Valves
- New gaskets and seals
- ATS Deep Transmission Pan featuring a 5 quart capacity over stock, finned design for heat dissipation and a magnetic drain plug
By increasing the capability of the torque converter, clutch surface area and line pressure, the transmission can hold 200 percent more torque than stock. The result is a setup strong enough to handle aftermarket fueling, turbo(s), tuning and the intensity of drag racing, sled-pulling or dyno competitions. Yet, it is still smooth enough to tow and daily drive.
The Stage 2 features the addition of the ATS Co-Pilot Transmission Controller. The controller dynamically raises line pressure electronically, for additional clamping force on the clutch packs. This prevents slip under high horsepower / high torque situations, such as drag racing, sled pulling or low-speed trailer towing. Shift firmness can be adjusted with the push of a button, so the driver can adjust shift feel in a matter of seconds.
The Co-Pilot is designed for trucks at any power level, but becomes crucial at 600 and up hp at the tires. As with all ATS Transmission Packages, the transmission is covered by a 5 year / 500,000 mile warranty.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.