KBDP CAT Oil Filter Adapter & CAT 1R-1807 Oil Filter for 2001-2016 Chevy/GMC 6.6l Duramax
1x Steel Threaded adapter
1x CAT 1R-1807 Filter
Made In USA!
Allows the use of large oil filters
Extended oil filter life
Better oil filtration (CAT 1R-1807, 16 Micron Vs. Delco 2232, 21 Micron)
Higher Flow Rate (CAT 1R-1807, 18GPM Vs Delco 2232, 9GPM)
The Adapter Fits the Following Filters: CAT 1R-1807, NAPA: 7791, WIX: 57791, MACK: 20539275, 2191P551807, 485GB3236, AGCO: AG121853, BALDWIN: B7225, B7700, CARQUEST: 84791, FLEETGUARD: LF3973, FRAM: PH9376, PH9376FP, LUBER-FINER: LFP3236, VMC: LF551807, VOLVO: 478736, 85114049, Or almost any filter with 1-1/8"-16 threads.
Fits: 2001-2016 Chevy/GMC 6.6l Duramax LB7/LLY/LBZ/LMM/LML in 2500, 3500, Kodiak and Topkick applications.
1. Removing the factory threaded nipple
Lightly tap a M16 triple square bit into the center of the OE nipple, attach ratchet and turn counterclockwise to remove.
If you don't have a M16 triple square or an OE nipple with a hex on it; vise grips can be used however this will damage the threads on your OE nipple. Do so at your own risk.
2. Clean threads on the GM oil cooler housing & on the adapter nipple. Install the KBDP adapter nipple with a ½” drive ratchet. If you wish a little bit of blue Loctite® can be used on the engine side of the nipple, do not over apply as excess can cause harm.
3. Fill CAT filter partly with oil, this will reduce priming time of oil system. Filling filter full of oil will make a mess due to the angle of install. Thread CAT filter onto engine.
4. Check engine oil
5. Start engine, check for oil pressure and leaks. Shut engine off.
6. Top off engine oil as needed.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.