Replace a 263XHD electronic shift four-wheel drive transfer case found in 2001 to 2007 GM Duramax 6.6L V8 diesel trucks with this brand new one from Merchant Automotive - No core charge! This transfer case is backed by a Merchant Automotive 2-year Unlimited Mileage Warranty for peace of mind.
NOTE: Does not include encoder motor, reuse the encoder motor from your previous transfer case.
Why Choose Our Transfer Case?
Includes Our Transfer Case Pump Upgrade:
The GM transfer cases use a gear pump inside the case that is driven off the mainshaft. The pump forces oil to the planetary as well as the drive sprocket sleeve. There are 4 tabs around the housing that fit into spots in the rear housing to position the pump. Over time, the pump can start to wear on the rear housing causing a fluid leak and resulting in potentially catastrophic damage. This issue is referred to as "pump rub". Our Transfer Case Pump Upgrade resolves this problem. We protect your investment by preventing this condition.
Comes with Magnetic Drain Plugs:
Magnetic Drain Plugs catch small debris and help extend fluid life. We install our MA a Magnetic Drain plug and a new fill plug made out of a high strength corrosion resistant 304 Stainless Steel to replace the factory plugs.
Shipped with MA Performance Transfer Case Fluid:
- Promotes proper transfer case performance
- Enhances shifting performance
- Dramatically reduces wear
- Improves component efficiency
- Blended specifically for use in GM transfer cases
- May be used in GM, Ford and Chrysler transfer cases
- For use in diesel or gas transfer cases
- Cost effective upgrade for Auto Track II
- Performs in manual or electric shift applications
- Reduces irritating drive shaft clunk
- Increases drive line performance by reducing clutch chatter
- Drastically reduces wear on internal components & seals
NOTE: Transfer Case will be shipped with a 2 Quart (64 fluid oz.) bottle. The transfer case WILL NOT BE FILLED WHEN RECEIVED. One Transfer Case will use 64 fluid oz. You MUST fill the transfer case before operating the vehicle or severe damage to the new transfer case will result.
Is my 2001 to early-2007 transfer case a NP261XHD or NP263XHD?
The easiest way to know the difference between transfer cases installed in 2001 to early-2007 GM HD trucks is the shift selection mechanism. Both Chevrolet and GMC trucks using NP261XHD transfer cases use manual shift selection with a floor mounted range selector. Trucks with electronic (push button or knob on the dash) shift selection are equipped with the NP263XHD transfer case.