This product is not emissions compliant. Off-road use only.
This part is not a direct fit for cab and chassis (most commonly labeled as 4500 or 5500) trucks. Please go to the bottom of the product description for more details.
Fully Machined aluminum Grid Heater Delete plate for Cummins 6.7 liter turbo diesel engines in 2007.5-2018 Dodge Ram pickup trucks.
The Pusher Heater Grid Delete replaces the restrictive factory heater grid with a fully CNC machined 6061-T6 aluminum plenum cover. Finished in bright silver or titanium anodize ensures this part will remain beautiful through years of use and abuse.
- This part supplies more air to all cylinders via a fully pocketed underside and a 120% larger inlet over stock.
- Included are OEM gaskets and hardware to make installing this piece easy.
- This kit also supplies everything you need to replace your restrictive heater grid.
- OEM gaskets and hardware included.
- By replacing your restrictive factory heater grid with a Pusher Heater Grid Delete, you can expect results of: 50-100 degree Fahrenheit drop in EGTs 0.25-0.5 MPG increase Significant gain in throttle response Faster turbo spool
This product was tested on a SuperFlow SF-750 flow bench and the results were independently verified by Central Florida Machine & Speed. The configuration testing was performed back to back, the base line being our intake manifold with the factory heater grid bolted to the outlet flange (result: 396 cfm); after that Central Florida Machine & Speed swapped out the factory heater grid with our Heater Grid Delete and tested at the same inlet pressure (result: 528 cfm).
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How will deleting my Heater Grid affect my truck if I live in a cold climate?
This product is not for everyone / every climate. The way a truck will respond depends on the temperature / milage on the truck. When weighing the choice of a 'rougher' start over the benefits of the heater-grid delete, some choose the delete. It's a personal preference; we even have some customers who 'seasonally' delete the heater grid.
2. Will I get a check engine light with the heater grid removed?
If your ECM commands the grid to be heated you will get a CEL. So it just depends on whether its cold enough to command the grid. You can have this feature turned off via tuning.
3. How does this affect the map sensor. Is there any truth to the map sensor not working properly due to less restriction and not reading the proper pressure and adding to much fuel?
The MAP sensor remains unaffected by this mod; it simply reads boost. The heater grid delete lowers restriction thus lowers boost. These trucks also utilize a MAF sensor to read air flow.
Cab and chassis modifications: The 4500/5500 trucks have their MAP sensor located in the back of the heater grid plate where as 2500/3500 trucks have the MAP sensor in the intake manifold. If you want to run this product on a 4500/5500 truck, you will need to purchase an intake manifold for a 2500/3500 and extend the harness pigtail for the MAP to reach the MAP when mounted in the intake manifold. You will also need to source one M14-1.5x 10 mm bolt to plug the intake temperature sensor hole machined into the Pusher plate. If you have any questions, please call or email us. Returns will not be accepted for product that is purchased and attempted to be installed.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.